Hygienists form the backbone of every successful dental practice, and at Grand Family Dentistry, we have job openings for dental hygienists in Mandeville, Louisiana. Our dentists and team are looking for motivated, self-starting candidates who can provide top-notch service and comprehensive patient education.
- Passionate about providing patient-centered care and excellent patient service
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Comfortable scheduling patients’ dental hygiene appointments
Duties & Responsibilities:
Registered dental hygienists are assigned duties and responsibilities which involve licensed professional work in providing dental hygiene services. These include:
- Implementing appropriate standard of care therapy.
- Assisting a dentist in providing periodontal, dental or hygiene care and treatment.
- Assessing patients’ teeth, bone and periodontal tissues for the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
- Creating periodontal treatment plans based on the dentist’s diagnosis.
- Bringing to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly removing soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stains from teeth using hand instruments, ultrasonic Cavitron® inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Instructing patients on how to practice good oral hygiene, making recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients’ home care and providing other health care education as necessary.
- Performing prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Performing full mouth debridement, either as a first stage gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Performing root planing as a periodontal therapy.
- Placing locally administered antibiotics as supportive periodontal therapy.
- Implementing irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Exposing, developing and mounting dental X-rays, both intraoral and extraoral.
- Performing in-office whitening procedures, including applying gingival isolation, initial and subsequent bleaching gel and curing gel.
- Applying cavity prevention agents, such as fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
- Making recommendations as to patients’ recare interval and follow-up needs.
- Fulfilling all other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
- Licensed and in good standing with the State of Louisiana.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Willing to partner with the dentist and work well as part of the total dental team
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity. You will be using dental instruments in a patient’s mouth, and there is little room for error.
- Enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, brand new, state-of-the-art environment!
Please contact our office at 985-231-0924 today if you would like to schedule your interview with our dentists. You can bring your resume to our office at 535 North Causeway Boulevard, Mandeville, Louisiana, or, if you prefer, you can email it to us using the form below.